12.29.2010

My Way or Yours Lord?

Last night I was talking with my husband and admitting that it was getting hard to keep waiting for our latest paperwork to go through for our adoption and that it would be really nice if God would just make things happen how I want them to and now not later!  The current problem is that my fingerprints are hard to read, they don't make clear prints.  My husband proceeded to explain to me that the paperwork will come when it is supposed to come, and he also mentioned that God made my fingerprints - they are how they are because He created them to be that way.  I hadn't thought about the fact that God was responsible for my difficult fingerprints which have brought much frustration.....

Psalm 139:1-14 says "O LORD, you have searched me and known me!  You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar.  You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways.  Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.  You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it.  Where shall I go from your Spirit?  Or where shall I flee from your presence?  If I ascend to heaven, you are there!  If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!  If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.  If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night," even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you.  For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

This passage reminded me that God made me just how I am and He knows what I am thinking and feeling and He cares.  Am I thankful for my many physical flaws?  I guess so, as the creator lovingly and intentionally made me the way that I am.  I have a hard time waiting for things; but God knows that I struggle with waiting and He still allows things that challenge that struggle to promote growth in my life.  Without these growth challenges, I would always get what I want (no growth) and I would not need to place my trust and my dependence in God.  This is very important for me to realize and remember often!  God can challenge me in my spiritually weak areas because He knows better than I do what areas of my life need spiritual growth to take place.

Isaiah 46:10 says "declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,"

God alone knows the future and He orchestrates things to happen for a reason - things will be accomplished on this earth according to His plan and His timing.  I trust that God knows best and so can try to remember to be thankful for the times that He "overrides" my plans so that a far better life experience can happen for me!

Proverbs 19:21 says "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

Lord, I have many plans for my life, many goals and ideas for each step and stage.  Help me to submit all of my desires to you and trust you with my future that whatever happens would be what you desire for me, which can only be considered the best!
AMEN!

CHALLENGE:
Is there anything that you are waiting on the Lord for right now?
Is there anything that you are experiencing right now that, if you are willing, God could use to promote spiritual growth in your life?
Ultimately, are you trusting in God's plan for your life or your own?
If any of the above questions relate to you - write a prayer telling God about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment